How to dispose of resin after failed print?

General questions about the printer and printer software.

How to dispose of resin after failed print?

Postby lordthorsen » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 pm

My wife and I tried to print our first model and we had a failure. The resin didn't stick to the plate or we have some sort of problem with the resin curing. Haven't figured that part out.

We we're wondering how we're supposed to dispose of the resin after we have a failed print or even just left over resin from a successful build.
lordthorsen

Re: How to dispose of resin after failed print?

Postby TieBox » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:37 pm

The liquid resin can be reused for future prints. A print failing usually has nothing to do with the resin itself and more to do with printer settings. The remaining resin after a successful or unsuccessful print can be put back into its original bottle. Any solidified pieces of resin you wish to dispose of should be left in UV light to cure completely and then thrown away. A complete cure makes the resin inert and safe for normal disposal.
Troy
Chemical Test Engineer at iBox Printers
Youtube Tutorial Guy- Please make suggestions for new tutorials, or ways to improve old ones
TieBox
Chief Of Resin

Re: How to dispose of resin after failed print?

Postby ron.kundla » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:08 pm

I've thought of using clay cat litter to absorb the resin, then like TieBox said, let it cure in the sun until hard so I can throw it away in the garbage.
Super Early Beta Adopter
"I don't work for iBox, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express" ;)
ron.kundla
iBox Pro User

Return to General