FEP Tape - No Instruction!

General questions about the printer and printer software.

Re: FEP Tape - No Instruction!

Postby printEd » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 am

BigBenjy - don't feel stupid. I'm sure many people have removed the FEP tape thinking it was to protect the VAT in transit. iBox really should have explained this.

Mind you, there are a lot of things iBox should have done - but hopefully they're learning, fast.

Please can you let us know how you got on with the CS Hyde tape? The spare piece of FEP tape I received is dented and marked, so not sure if using it will result in worth while prints...
printEd

Postby BigBenjy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Tape I bought works excellently, i've done about 5 prints with the first piece and it works excellently. I would say the adhesive isn't as good as the bits from ibox - but for non-stickness its perfect, i've had no problems with prints sticking to the base.

The corners certainly peel off more quickly - so cant imagine it would last as long as thier own tape - but you get 5 yards for not a lot (expecially if your in the states as you dont have to pay the massive postage) - but from my calculations I reckon that if it lasts 10 prints each piece, I should get about 1000 prints out of it!.

Printer is printing perfectly now too - now ive got a bit more experience with it - am still super pleased - what a great bit of kit for the money...just printing a 1/12 scale model of my mothers 1/12 scale dolls house! - all going well so far!
BigBenjy

Postby theduke » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:39 pm

you can use the Kapton tape instead of tape FEP?
theduke

Postby ron.kundla » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:15 am

I don't think anyone has tried kapton tape, but the biggest hurdle would be if the bond between the kapton and the cured photoresin is stronger than the adhesive bond of the kapton to the glass.

FEP aka teflon tape has a weaker bond to the photoresin versus the FEP to glass bond.
Super Early Beta Adopter
"I don't work for iBox, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express" ;)
ron.kundla
iBox Pro User

Previous

Return to General