Resin

General questions about the printer and printer software.

Resin

Postby RDeNatale » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:54 am

I'm thinking of buying some G+ unpigmented and a few pigments from MakerJuice and trying to mix some myself.

I know that iBoxPrinters has tested with a few colors, but was wondering if there was any reason not to try the white or gray pigments.

Most things I'm going to make will probably be small parts for scale models and will be painted and white or a neutral gray are probably better base colors.
RDeNatale

Re: Resin

Postby Xios1306 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:17 am

We are testing out a white resin right now. The problem is the pigment settles out of the resin.
We also have tested black but its way too light and ends up as a a transparent black when printed.
Harsha B C
Intern - Computer Engineer
harsha@iBoxPrinters.com
            iBox Printers
┌───────────────────┐
│██   ██   ██   ██   ██   ██  \
│  ██   ██   ██   ██   ██   ██  \
│   ▀▀   ▀▀   ▀▀   ▀▀   ▀▀   ▀▀ │
│   ▄▄   ▄▄   ▄▄   ▄▄   ▄▄   ▄▄ │
│  ██   ██   ██   ██   ██   ██  /
│██   ██   ██   ██   ██   ██  /
└───────────────────┘
             you make it
Xios1306
iBox Pro User

Postby RDeNatale » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks,

I went ahead and offered a 1/2 liter of unpigmented G+ and the Gray pigment. I'll try it when it arrives.
RDeNatale

Postby RDeNatale » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:14 pm

RDeNatale wrote:Thanks,

I went ahead and offered a 1/2 liter of unpigmented G+ and the Gray pigment. I'll try it when it arrives.

Just to follow up.

I did get the resin and pigment and it seems to work as well as the iBox blue resin.

I weighed a small volume of resin, and a small volume of pigment to get there density in g/ml and then calculated a volumetric mix.

As I say it works OK, I've since gotten a more sensitive scale, So I'll probably figure out the densities again.
RDeNatale

Postby Zellkoss » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:51 pm

Hello,

I found a makerjuice reseller in Switzerland, I have juste some question about resin & pigment.

Is this resin has been tested with iBox Nano ? http://cadprint.ch/index.php/en/onlines ... 05l-detail

What's the correct proportion of pigment and resin ? What's happen if you put to much pigment ?

Thank you

Damien
Zellkoss

Return to General